VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is becoming the communication system of choice, as it’s a low cost alternative to traditional phone systems and is ideal for businesses with multiple locations and staff that work from home.
What is VoIP?
VoIP put into basic terms is internet telephony, a phone system over the internet. It allows you to make free or very low cost telephone calls over the internet, to any number on any network or location. Many new features and services relating to the telephony industry are much more possible and accessible through VoIP than a traditional telephony system.
Benefits of our VoIP system:
- Cost! – Old legacy systems cost. VoIP telephony is feature rich and is delivered at the fraction of the cost of a traditional phone system. VoIP can replace all/some of your fixed lines (PSTN, ISDN’s etc) and therefore a much cheaper and efficient system.
- Increased Functionality – Certain functionalities or features are expensive or near enough impossible to add to a traditional phone system, VoIP allows accessing the latest and greatest in telephony trends much easier and cheaper all because it is done across the internet.
- Increased Mobility – Voice traffic travels over the internet, meaning that you can log in to your solution from any device that has internet connect, perfect for multi-office companies or companies with field and/or home-based employees. Consider your office available on any device at any location.
- Ease of Use – VoIP is easier to use, easier to install and easier to maintain.
- Growth – VoIP is a much more flexible telephony solution that can grow and adapt with your business.
VoIP is best for:
- Start Ups and Fast Movers - Starts ups and companies that are looking to expand and grow at a rapid pace, the ease of use of VoIP means the telephony system is easily adjustable, unlike the traditional system users can be added and removed with a click of a button.
- Multi-site companies – As VoIP uses the internet it is the perfect solution for a company with multiple office locations. It removes the need to install a telephony solution in every location and instead the one VoIP solution can be accessible across all offices, no matter the location or number of sites.
- Employee Movement – Do you have remote workers? Employees that travel a lot? Homeworkers? As long as they have internet access and a device to call from your employees can stay connected to the companies’ phone system.